Friday, March 27, 2009

a place where epithets are still common....THE WWE!!!

This is just fun, I haven't been a fan of "Professional Wrestling" since I was a kid and caught up in the trend. Regardless, I do think that it is funny how the oral culture of epithets is still widely used in the WWE.

Take for example Macho-Man Randy Savage...
Macho Man Randy Savage


"Savage was recognizable by wrestling fans for his distinctively deep, husky voice; colorful attire (often comprised of sunglasses and a bandanna, gaudy robes, and/or a cowboy hat); intensity exhibited in and out of the ring; and his signature catch phrase "Oooh, yeah!"" (Wikipedia). He is also well known for his slim jim commercials, where he bellows at the camera "Snap into a Slim Jim!"

This all came to me one day when we were trying to figure out an epithet for Worded Limbs (can't remember his first name) and all I could think of was WWE type names like "the body"...i decided that if I put that forward as a suggestion people might think I'm weird.

Just for fun again here's a link to an Onion article:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/make_a_wish_recipient_now_wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment