Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I think the argument that Robert Fludd based his memory theater on the Globe Theatre is an interesting one, and I do prescribe to Yates' reasoning that to understand that argument one must first be familiar with the art of memory (thus explaining why she included it in the book at the end). It kind of seems like such an offshoot of what she was talking about earlier that it made the end of the book less enjoyable for me. I was waiting for Bruno's death, as if Yates were writing a novel and all the mentions of Bruno's "ill fated journey to Italy" and others were foreshadowing the inevitable death....BURNED AT THE STAKE! How does that not incite some unsettling yet exciting emotions!

So just for me and for everyone else who was too lazy to google Bruno. I am going to do it now and include the link here, although no one will probably see it. For fun, I'm going to put "burned at the stake" and some other colorful descriptions as key words...maybe someone will come across this on a search and get a treat....

ENJOY!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giordano_bruno

No comments:

Post a Comment